What is keytool?
Keytool is an Eclipse plugin that
maintains keystores and certificates.
- Export certificate, with or without the private key.
- Create certificate.
- Create keystore.
- Open existing keystore.
- View all available information about every certificate.
- Open existing certificate. Default with the extension .cer.
- View list of certificates in a keystore.
- Handles JKS and PKCS #12.
- Show which certificate in a keystore where you have the private key.
- Filemonitoring, to monitor changes in keystores.
- Default opening a keystore every time Eclipse starts.
- Generate CSR.
It allows you to create certificates and put them in a keystore.
You can from Eclipse, open and inspect certificates that are stored as .cer, or in a given keystore.
Now we have made an selfcontained application which you should try to download.